Responsible disclosure policy
Last updated on December 8, 2020
At Toreon, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. While our IT systems are subject to periodic technical assessments and penetration tests, the presence of vulnerabilities can never be fully ruled out.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam, or applications of third parties.
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 10 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report.
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In the public information concerning the problem reported we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
This policy is based on the Responsible Disclosure policy template by Floor Terra, found at https://responsibledisclosure.nl/en/ .