Date of last revision: 24/05/2023
Toreon BV is committed to protect your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding your rights and the security of customer personal information very seriously.
Toreon BV (hereafter: “Toreon”,”we” or “us”)
Grotehondstraat 44 1/1
+32 3 369 33 96
Data Protection Officer
Since we are a small company, of which the core activities does not consist of processing personal data, we are not obligated to have a Data Protection Officer.
Since we take privacy very serious here, we did appoint a Privacy Officer within Toreon.
You can always contact this Privacy Officer to ask questions or exercise your rights by sending an e-mail towards email@example.com.
Scope and legal basis for processing
This privacy notice applies to all data processing activities executed by Toreon and all personal data collected by Toreon, that you as a visitor of our website, might concern. This concerns: customer data, details of prospects, applicants, subscribers to the newsletter, suppliers and participants of events.
We will always process personal information based on a legal obligation, legitimate interest contract or given consent.
What information do we collect and with what purpose?
We will always process personal information based on a legal obligation, contract or given consent.
Toreon collects 3 types of personal data:
- To communicate with you, our customer, supplier, applicant or prospect;
- To deliver our services;
- To sell your company a product or service;
- To send you a newsletter;
- To ask for your feedback;
- To keep you posted about events we organize and you might be interested in;
- To contact you for a job interview when you apply for a job at Toreon.
2. Professional and employment data
- To know which company you work for, so we know better how we can offer you any professional help
- To know your professional history and competences when you apply for a job at Toreon
3. Household composition
- Sometimes we organize events which you can join together with your partner or children
- Sometimes, when providing a service for your company, consultants will come across personal data as well. We don’t store this data within the Toreon network.
Data retention period
We do not process your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We retain your data for as long as you are an active contact (customer, lead, …) and actively delete your data three years after you become an inactive contact.
With the exception of personal data that is used for billing and accounting purposes, this data will be retained for 7 (seven) years in accordance with the legal retention period.
Security of your Personal Data and storage location
Toreon protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data. We use various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. To verify our security measures, we have ourselves audited against the ISO27001 standard. As we passed this audit successfully, we also received the ISO27001 certificate.
We mainly store your data on externally hosted IT systems. We partly outsource the storage of your data to specialised third parties. These external service providers act as “processors” on our behalf
We will not share your data with third parties (except our processors) for commercial reasons without your consent. We can share your data with third parties if when we are required to do so by law, if this is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or when this is necessary for providing you with our products and services.
As mentioned under “Security of your Personal Data and storage location” we have engaged external service providers, so-called “processors”, to support our business operations. These external service providers perform certain processing activities on your data on our behalf. We will only share your data with these external service providers insofar this is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. These “processors” cannot use your data for any other purposes. In addition, they are contractually bound to ensure the confidentiality of your data. To guarantee this, we have concluded so-called “data processing agreements” with our processors if necessary.
All personal data is stored within the European Union.
Disclosure to third parties
Toreon websites may provide links to third-party websites. Toreon does not make any representations or warranties with respect to such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Toreon. Upon linking to a third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
At any time you can manage your data that was collected by Toreon, by exercising your rights as a data subject. You have the following rights:
- to obtain from Toreon confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed and, where that is the case, you shall have the right to access such Personal Data being processed;
- to obtain from Toreon, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- to obtain from Toreon the erasure of Personal Data;
- to obtain from Toreon the restriction of processing your Personal Data;
- to receive the Personal Data in a structured and commonly used, machine-readable format and have such Personal Data transmitted;
- to object to processing of your Personal Data and to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise one of these rights, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there will always be a check to prove your identity.
Additionally, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorized supervisory if the processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
Contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority are:
GBA – Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
For our website, we use different kind of cookies:
- Functional cookies are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of the Website (e.g. cookies for language preferences) and their installation does not require your permission.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be set for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They are not related to the mere technical support of the Website.
- Cookies with statistical purposes allow us to check which pages of the Website you visit, where your computer is localized etc.
- Cookies with social purposes allow the user to share the content of the Website through social media directly to others.
- Cookies with targeting purposes allow a creation of your profile based on your surfing behaviour. In this way we get to know you better and can provide you with a solution that best suits your needs.
We recommend that you leave the cookies active. Bear in mind that if you block, turn off or otherwise reject our cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you will not be able to use any website services that require you to sign in.
When you visit our website, you always have the choice whether you only want to use functional cookies or use non-functional cookies as well.
Had you given your initial permission to place non-functional cookies, but are you now reconsidering it? No problem, cookies are automatically deleted after 26 months at the latest. You can always remove the placed cookies from your browser at an earlier stage:
- If you use the Internet Explorer browser;
- If you use the Safari browser;
- If you use the Mozilla Firefox browser;
- If you use the Google Chrome browser.
Modifications to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. This Notice is effective as of April 2020 (the “Effective Date”).
A notification of important updates will be send to you by mail.