In order to inform you of its policies and activities with respect to the collection, use and transfer of Personal Data on its websites, Toreon is providing you with an electronic copy of its Privacy Notice (the “Notice”). This Notice applies to all websites that are owned and operated by Toreon CVBA and/or companies that Toreon CVBA controls, directly or indirectly (collectively, “Toreon”), unless a particular website displays its own privacy notice.
Toreon CVBA or one of the companies that Toreon CVBA controls, directly or indirectly, is the data controller with respect to Personal Data collected and processed via its respective website. When required by local law, the relevant Toreon entity performs the formalities with the local data protection authorities with respect to the processing of Personal Data.
In this Notice, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Toreon’s possession), such as a name, email address or telephone number.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, you can visit Toreon websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself. However, in order to access some parts of our websites, such as to download certain documents, or in connection with another specific purpose, we may need to collect Personal Data from you.
Providing Personal Data to us in these events is voluntary and provided as an ‘opt in’. If you do not provide Personal Data to us, then you will not be able to benefit from the respective functionality offered by our websites, such as communication, downloading of documents or recruitment. The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We will follow up on comments and other requests that you submit to us through our website, such as online queries, business related inquiries, or registering your attendance at a conference. This may include using your Personal Data to call you back by telephone or communicating with you via email.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of Toreon may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online, providing more general information about other Toreon offerings, or enabling you to participate to online contests or to register for any sponsored events. When we collect Personal Data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, however, we offer choices regarding the use of your Personal Data.
- Recruitment. If you submit a resume or job application online, we will use your Personal Data for recruitment-related purposes, which may include contacting you via email, telephone or post. Except where you request otherwise, Toreon may keep your Personal Data on file for an appropriate time in order to consider you for other employment opportunities with Toreon in the future.
- Compiling aggregate statistics regarding the use of the website. This data is used to measure response to our posts and mailings and is used in anonymized reports.
Cookies are used on this website. By using our website, you agree that cookies are to be placed on your device as further explained below.
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you are navigating through it. They have many different purposes, but mainly, cookies enable you to navigate between pages easily, to remember your preferences, and eventually to improve the user experience. These cookies may then be stored on your machine to identify your computer.
Cookies used on this website can be either set up by our website or by a third-party website. Moreover, these cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies: a session cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser, whereas a persistent cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal device until it reaches a defined expiration date. Toreon only uses session cookies.
A. Types of cookies
We use several types of cookies on this website.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages they go to more often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by means of these cookies is anonymized, aggregated and only used to develop and track traffic patterns and the volume of use of our website and to improve how our website works. This information is for Toreon’s exclusive use and is not shared with any third party or connected to any other information.
We recommend that you leave the cookies active. Bear in mind that if you block, turn off or otherwise reject our cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you will not be able to use any website services that require you to sign in.
If you object to have cookies placed on your machine, you need to disable them. In order to do so, please follow the relevant instructions depending on your browser:
• If you use the Internet Explorer browser.
• If you use the Firefox browser.
• If you use the Safari browser.
• If you use the Google Chrome browser.
Sensitive Personal Data
As a general rule, Toreon does not collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through its website. “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning health or sex life. By volunteering unsolicited sensitive Personal Data to us (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), you expressly consent to your Personal Data being used as described in this Notice.
Requests regarding your Personal Data: access, information, correction, portability, limitation of processing, update and deletion
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, you may have the right to access, rectify, oppose the processing, or delete your Personal Data.
In order to exercise these rights so that updates, corrections and/or deletions can be made in accordance with applicable law, you can send us an email.
Data security and integrity
Toreon uses various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, since many aspects of the security of your personal data on the internet are not under our control, Toreon cannot be held responsible for the security of transmissions of Personal Data over the Internet.
Toreon websites may provide links to third-party websites. Toreon does not make any representations or warranties with respect to such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Toreon. Upon linking to a third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
Notification of changes to this Notice
This Notice is effective as of March 2017 (the “Effective Date”). In order to check updates to this Notice, please consult this page on a regular basis.