Cyber Security Consultant – Traineeship
Companies that want to remain relevant and want to move forward are confronted with security and data threats within the digital world. Toreon makes digital progress possible by mapping and eliminating security risks. In this way we ensure that companies can continue their business with confidence in a secure digital environment.
We identify the digital risks within the organization and guide the customer to eliminate these risks. Because we are independent, the companies can count on our integrity and expertise to provide the best customized solution. We have only one goal in mind: to make working together in the digital world a lot safer.
As a partner in digital security, we listen and ask the right questions to clearly formulate the precise needs. Our people are driven by knowledge and focused on collaboration. Through internal coaching and training we increase safety and expertise within Toreon and for our customers. In this way we take steps together towards a digital progress.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
During your first year at Toreon, you will be trained to develop cyber security skills. We will help you develop your talent and transform you to a successful security consultant. You will have the opportunity to further develop your talents and decide after this year in which domain you want to specialize yourself. It is up to you to show this year that you are a born security specialist!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Through your first year, you will learn how to improve the security of our clients’ businesses. Using your creative technical skills, you provide original solutions to problems they have (and don’t even know they have). Our clients will come to you for security advice whenever they make changes in the frameworks, network, system, or application architecture. You will be the one to assess the security risks of these changes and you define how the final solution should be built and which requirements it should fulfill.
- As a security architect, you provide consulting to our clients and work around their schedules. You will learn how to be a good security architect in ICT projects. You will learn how to give advice and judge security measures and you will assist workshops with colleagues. We give you the knowledge of risk management, security infrastructure, and operational security processes. We will involve you in BCP/DRP activities where you will guide security assessments.
You will also gain knowledge within ICS/ OT security assessments and assist customers in establishing or extending their ICS/OT security program.
During this period, you will also learn more about application security, threat modeling, security code reviews, and application security testing. We will help you expand your communication skills, so you can advise our clients about network, system, and application architecture.
- We will teach you how to become a good GRC consultant to do research and analyze the information security issues and trends of the business to develop a technical discipline. You will learn how to create security roadmaps for clients and you will evaluate the standard frameworks (ISO27001, GDPR,…) to develop recommendations for risk -and security gaps.
- To verify the security levels of our clients’ networks and applications, we will show you how we do penetration testing. You can use your creative, technical skills and think of original ways to circumvent the protective measures. We teach you the different types of tests that can be performed, such as internal intrusion tests, external intrusion tests, SCADA intrusion tests, social engineering tests, application and web application intrusion tests. You will learn how to assess the ability to detect and respond to cyber-attacks. You will document your work and learn how to motivate the highly necessary security changes to the customer.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are ready for your first challenge and want to be part of a motivated security assessment team.
- You are ever willing to learn and become the best consultant, technically and personally.
- You dare to ask for feedback and work on your blind spots.
- You care about quality and take pride in your work.
- You can deliver proactive work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills (Dutch, English, French).
- You are hungry for knowledge.
- You are a positive team player but are also able to work independently and to deliver results
- You have a great sense of responsibility
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential information in a professional way.
- You are expected to be flexible in your work and your time management. We will be flexible towards your needs.
- You consider pizza to be brain food.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- You are in possession of a relevant Master/ bachelor degree within ICT or equivalent; IT, engineering, sciences, computer sciences, economics, …
- Fluent writing and speaking in Dutch and English. French is an added value.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
At Toreon, we are all about people (and their brains). We help our team members to develop themselves to be better experts, better professionals and better team players.
We are dedicated to sharing and expanding knowledge. Although we maintain a fun-filled culture at the office, we are very serious about our clients’ needs.
- A good salary based on your experience.
- A Flexible Income Plan to optimize your needs (extra vacation days, bike leasing, …).
- A big training budget.
- Car budget.
- PC/MAC and phone.
- Meal vouchers and insurance.
- You get a dynamic team in a stimulating learning environment.
- You are invited to a lot of knowledge-sharing events and stimulated to organize your own.
You are always part of a Toreon-team working at our clients. You work with senior and junior people with different backgrounds. This will help you to learn from the best and become a better consultant. We take our people’s needs and ambitions into consideration when assigning projects.
Show us your sense of quality, integrity and responsibility and we will allow for a very flexible job that fits your personal and family’s needs.